Error in build - rcz generate exited with code 1

• Thread starter Thread starter BobHIll
  • Start date Start date
B

BobHIll

I have a VS 2019 project that will not build and shows the error rcz generate exited with code 1. When I click on the error it references the following code section.

<RazorGenerate
Debug="$(_RazorDebugGenerateCodeTask)"
DebugTool="$(_RazorDebugGenerateCodeTool)"
ToolAssembly="$(_RazorToolAssembly)"
UseServer="$(UseRazorBuildServer)"
ForceServer="$(_RazorForceBuildServer)"
PipeName="$(_RazorBuildServerPipeName)"
Version="$(RazorLangVersion)"
Configuration="@(ResolvedRazorConfiguration)"
Extensions="@(ResolvedRazorExtension)"
Sources="@(RazorGenerateWithTargetPath)"
ProjectRoot="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)"
TagHelperManifest="$(_RazorTagHelperOutputCache)" />

It also shows a number of warning messages. One for example is...

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning NU1701 Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.Design 3.1.0' was restored using '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8' instead of the project target framework '.NETCoreApp,Version=v2.2'. This package may not be fully compatible with your project. PHAwebsites C:\Development\PHAwebsites2019\PHAwebsites\PHAwebsites.csproj 1

I've been searching this error for days and have put two separate threads into Stack Overflow, but I have not found a solution yet. I have been working on this for about two weeks now! When I search for this particular error, there are a number of others who have experienced it, but I don't see any clear, consistent resolution for this.

The project previously built fine but then, on 12/26 these errors started appearing. I did not change the project.

I could really use some help figuring this one out. This particular project/app was supposed to go into our production server at the end of this month. It was working fine before all of this started!!

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back