How to attach un-detached database into TFS2015

• Thread starter Thread starter Ngcc
  • Start date Start date
N

Ngcc

Dear Support,

I got a issue while attach DefaultConnection by TFS2015 administrator console, the error message is TF254078: No attachable database were found on the following instance of ###. Either the collection was not detached using the correct tools, or the detach operation did not complete successfully. You must detach this collection successfully before you can attach it to a deployment of Team Foundation Server.

Then I tried to use TfsConfig collection /attach then got the same error as below:

TF246081: An error occurred while attempting to attach the team project collection. The collection was not detached properly. Either the collection was not detached using the correct tools, or the detach operation did not complete successfully. You must detach this collection successfully before you can attach it to a deployment of Team Foundation Server.

why this happened:

The company domain name was changed in the application server, then DBA set the tfs_DefaultConnection to offline in another server in database, but the DefaultConnect was not detached in TFS2015 administrator console. Now I am only have the data of tfs_DefaultConnection, no tfs_configuration, could you please let me know how to fix the issue.

I tried to detach the of tfs_DefaultConnection by SQL Management Studio then attach it but still cannot be attached into TFS. could you please help?

I also tried to upgrade the TFS2015 to Azure DevOps Server 2019 and got the same error.

I also tried to install TFS2015 in a new server and got the same error while attach the connection.

is there any way to revise the database of tfs_DefaultConnection directly to remove or update some incorrect information?

Or shall I need to restore a database to a version before IT make the domain name change? then I attach that version to TFS.

by the way, is there any way to import the DefaultConnection<No detached> into Azure DevOps Services directly if this issue cannot be fixed.

thanks a lot,

NgCC

Ngcc

Continue reading...

Back