Can't find mscorlib

• Thread starter Thread starter Douglas Harter
  • Start date Start date
D

Douglas Harter

Using Dylan's instructions on what framework to use for VS2012 & VS2019, I looked up my installed framework. I only have 4.8. I have already downloaded & tried to install 4.5.2. The system wouldn't let me because I have 4.8 installed. Working in VB2012 compiler, I reset the Target Framework for my smallest program to 4.5.2. The program needed mscorlib from 4.5.2, but I didn't have that installed. mscorlib is in the reference list, but it said I needed the one for 4.5.2. How can I set the framework so I can get the mscorlib? 4.8 is not in the framework list. Also, do I need or want the Development packs for 4.8?

I deleted the directory tree for this program from my VS2012 tree and copied it from my Vb2008 DIRECTORY TREE, where it works compiled with VB2008. Opening it with VB2012 compiler without CHANGING ANYTHING IN THE PROGRAM, i STILL GET: Could not resolve mscorlib for target framework '.NETFramework,Version=v2.0'. This can happen if the target framework is not installed or if the framework moniker is incorrectly formatted. framework 2.0 IS INSTALLED, says the registry.

Now what?

Continue reading...

Back