How to stop the cursor being in Insert mode all the time in Visual Studio 2015

• Thread starter Thread starter Rob Reid 2008
  • Start date Start date
R

Rob Reid 2008

I am trying to code a project in VS 2015 C# however for some reason when I place the cursor over a line of code it goes into Insert mode (as if I had pressed the Insert button - which I haven't), and then it makes coding really hard as I am writing over the code that is already there.

However when I place the cursor on a blank line with no comments or code it is not in insert mode so I can write new lines of code okay. It's just when I am trying to edit an existing line of code or comment that it goes into Insert mode.

So I have no pressed the Insert key, and when I do it doesn't do anything either, e.g when it seems to be in insert mode and copying any new typed words over existing ones and I press the Insert key it doesn't take it out of Insert mode.

So I have no idea what is causing it and I certainly didn't have this problem a week ago so I must have slept on my keyboard or something and hit some combination of keys or something that has done this. It is very very anoying and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am having to edit existing code in a plain text editor then copy it into VS at the moment.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back