Error compiling Unreal Engine 4.24.1 after updating VS Community 2019 to v16.5

• Thread starter Thread starter Slavkosky
  • Start date Start date
S

Slavkosky

Hi,

I'm having a weird error after updating visual studio 2019 community from v16.4.5 to 16.5. Even a fresh install of the engine will no longer build. I'm getting the errors listed below. The build doesn't fail until the end of compiling all modules:

Warning C4996 'TBaseMulticastDelegate<void>::AddRaw::FDeprecationMsg_788::condition': Binding a delegate with a const object pointer and non-const function is deprecated. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. UE4 H:\OMG Projects\ROVE\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateSignatureImpl.inl 788

Error C4800 Implicit conversion from 'ADODB::_Recordset *const ' to bool. Possible information loss UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.25.28610\INCLUDE\comip.h 311

Error C4800 Implicit conversion from 'ADODB::_Connection *const ' to bool. Possible information loss UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.25.28610\INCLUDE\comip.h 311

Warning C4996 'AActor::Role': This member will be made private. Please use GetLocalRole or SetRole. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. UE4 H:\OMG Projects\ROVE\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DirGravity\Source\DirGravity\Private\GravityMovementComponent.cpp 290

Warning C4996 'AActor::Role': This member will be made private. Please use GetLocalRole or SetRole. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. UE4 H:\OMG Projects\ROVE\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DirGravity\Source\DirGravity\Private\GravityMovementComponent.cpp 822

Warning C4996 'AActor::ReplicatedMovement': This member will be made private. Please use GetReplicatedMovement or SetReplicatedMovement. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. UE4 H:\OMG Projects\ROVE\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DirGravity\Source\DirGravity\Private\GravityMovementComponent.cpp 825

Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

I have not changed or updated anything on the Unreal Engine-side of the code, and I've been reading that some users of Epic's latest release (UE4.24.3) are having compilation errors as well. This error occurs during a build of UE4.sln, sourced from Epic's github repo.

Seeing as Microsoft doesn't have archives of installers for VS Community, only Enterprise and Pro, I'm kind of suddenly stuck here because I can't just uninstall 16.5 and reinstall 16.4.5 (which is the last working version I was on before the update).

Any insight into this would be helpful, Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back