Visual C++ | Visual Studio 2005 - Cannot install Unicode libraries

• Thread starter Thread starter BigD23
  • Start date Start date
B

BigD23

Hello,

I have a very basic installation question. I want to install Unicode libraries in Visual Studio 2005 - Visual C++ MFC. The documentation says:

"The Unicode versions of the MFC libraries are not copied to your hard drive unless you select them during a Custom installation. They are not copied during other types of installation. If you attempt to build or run an MFC Unicode application without the MFC Unicode files, you may get errors."

"To copy the files to your hard drive, rerun Setup and click Add/Remove Features. Expand the feature tree Language Tools, then Visual C++, then Visual C++ Class & Template Libraries, and select both ATL MFC Shared Libraries Unicode and ATL MFC Static Libraries Unicode."

So I run Setup, gone to Add/Remove Features, but there is no such Language Tools or anything else. Please see the attached image.

I have tried other methods like manually searching the install directory files on the CD but no success, since most files are CAB files. I have also checked the installed program in C:\Program Files (x86) and there are some missing files that are required, as stated in the MFC documentation.

Is there a way now to install the Language Tools to support Unicode in MFC?

Would appreciate help a lot.

Continue reading...

Back