Visual C++ | Visual Studio 2005 - Cannot install Unicode libraries

• Thread starter Thread starter BigD23
  • Start date Start date
B

BigD23

Hello,

I `ve asked this question already in the Visual C++ Forum. The topic can be found here. Visual C++ | Visual Studio 2005 - Cannot install Unicode libraries

As I received the tip I try to find my luck here. Basically, I cannot install the Unicode libraries for Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition. (Yes I know, it`s a very old software, but still I would like to make it work.) I do the steps as mentioned in the documentation or as the user RLWA32 already said, but I have no nodes at all in my Maintenance Mode screen. It`s impossible for me to install the Unicode libraries.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or might it be the case that I am using the Standard Edition, which doesn`t include Unicode libraries (that I cannot imangine)? The comparison chart of Pro and Standard Edition doesn `t mention anything on this, nor the documentation.

A link of my Maintenance Mode screen can be found in the Visual C++ Thread or by thins link:
VS 2005 Maintenance Mode — Postimage.org

The Maintenance Mode screen of the user RLWA32 can also be found there, which is the right one including the expandable nodes, or by this link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1576307

Appreciate help a lot.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back