Errors opening my project from GitHub on another PC

• Thread starter Thread starter Ahnold
  • Start date Start date
A

Ahnold

I created a Visual Basic project on my Windows 10 laptop using Visual Studio 2015 Community a couple of years ago. I've upgraded VS to 2019 Community (v 16.5.4), and I can update/run the project fine on the laptop. I have the same version of VS 2019 Community installed on a new Windows 10 desktop. I can clone the project from my GitHub repo to my new desktop, but when I try to open the forms for the project, I get the following errors. However, if I save a copy of the project folder from my laptop to OneDrive, I can successfully open the project from OneDrive on the desktop without these errors. Is there a setting somewhere for using GitHub repos that I need to tweak?

"To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved:

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: Scenario_Builder --- The base class 'System.Void' cannot be designed

Instances of this error (1)
Hide Call Stack​
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.EnsureDocument(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

Continue reading...

Back