Net Framework Web API (NOT .Net Core) with Angular - how to run like the .Net Core Angular template?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rae_P
  • Start date Start date
R

Rae_P

Due to circumstances with GrapeCity reporting tool that is not yet able to run their section reports in a .NET Core environment, I need to be able to create a web site just like the .NET Core w/Angular template but using the normal .NET Framework. GrapeCity says they will not be able to support .NET Core until their next version of the tool comes out in December. Six or seven months is a long time to wait when trying to set up a web site!

I have searched around all week for some kind of documentation on how to set up a .NET Framework 4.7.2 Web API with an Angular front end that runs just like the .NET Core template (same site, no CORS) and I have not found anything that is workable so far.

I have been tasked with taking an old AngularJs 1.x site that ran under the umbrella of an older Web API project and recreating it with newer software. The old way AngularJs was built made it easy to run as same site within a .NET project, but Angular 9 is not the same critter and neither is the more up-to-date .NET Framework as what was used in that old solution.

Is there some documentation out there somewhere that can help me with this scenario? Preferably some kind of step-by-step method of getting the .NET Framework version of a Web API project to see the Angular 9 code in the same way that a .NET Core w/Angular project does it?

Continue reading...

Back