Need help in uderstanding a FONT issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Les2011
  • Start date Start date
L

Les2011

I have been developing an app using vb.net 19 and have come across an issue with displaying fonts properly which I can not figure out. Using unicodes I have generated 12 symbols which have been developed for explaining SETS. Initially I displayed these symbols using font called Cambria and a size of 24 which all are displayed properly. However if I reduce the font size many of the symbols are displayed wrong. Then I wondered if this perhaps is a problem in the vb environment so I set up a Word document with the same symbols and displayed them in 4 font sizes of 24-18-14-10. Within Word they are all displayed as expected and correctly?? I took a screen shot of the display within VB and within WORD for you to see a side by side comparison.

Why would the symbols be displayed properly in Word and so differently in VB??. In VB I write to a buffer which is connected to a picture box. I want the capability to work at different fontsizes throughout the application. As soon as I go smaller then a font size of 24 the symbols look drastically different as you will see in my screen capture. Not only do the symbols change in how they are displayed but the symbol also gets much lighter within VB vs Word??

BTW when I reference Windows 10 I am in VB.net just so you know.

I need to get this resolved and any help you folks can provide would be deeply appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Les

1597813.jpg

Continue reading...

Back