Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB 12.0

• Thread starter Thread starter mcgriffith65
  • Start date Start date
M

mcgriffith65

Hello,

I am trying to use Visual Studio for the first time in years. I am trying to re-teach myself what I learned years ago but have never had the opportunity to use. I have a programming degree.

I am really having 2 issues. The main one is with Connecting to an Access Database. I created a small relational database in Access from Microsoft 365. The DB was originally stored on OneDrive. I moved it to my D:\Data folder thinking that may be part of the problem.

Each time I go to Tools on the VS 2019 menu, wanting to write in VB, I click on Connect to a Database option, then window Choose Data Source box opens, and I see: Microsoft Access Database file is selected in the Data Source area. In the Data Source Provide is .NET Framework Data Provider for OLEDB is selected, (nothing else as an option) I click the Continue button. The Add Connection box opens and the data source is selected as before, I browse to the file on my D:\Data\PTracker.accdb file is chose. When I l click the Test Connection or Ok button, the following comes up: The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB 12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine message pops up.

Moving the DB file did nothing. I read some other questions and tried the ideas, downloaded the file associated with the error, did not work. downloaded the Build 2013 file and it did not work. a few other things I have also tried - no luck.

Why am I having this trouble and how can I fix it. I refuse to think there is no solution. If so, then this issue would render Visual Studio 2019 useless.

I know this has been a lot to read, but telling you what I experienced and what I have tried as best I could I hope is helpful to find a solution for me. I appreciate those who take the time to read all this and to help.

The other issue I have is: Now that I have started my new project, and have ended up loading it several times over the course of the issues I have had, All I see is the Solution window on the side. How in the worked do I find the code editor and write some code? I am completely lost.

Thank you for all your time and efforts to help me. I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,

Michael.

Michael

Continue reading...