Copying objects to a new class project

• Thread starter Thread starter NachoShaw
  • Start date Start date
N

NachoShaw

Hey

Hopefully someone can lead me to the right solution? I have built my project for Inventor and it works fine on all of my machines but for whatever reason, its not working on a few other users machines. There are no errors, the .exe just doesnt run. So, i figured it best to convert it to a class project instead as Inventor can load the dll direct as an addin.

I created the new class, added all of the references then added all of the existing project items from the original project into the new class project. Problem now is, none of the forms show any controls, they are like brand new forms...

I copied each form, the form.designers & the form.resx. I have rebuit the project but i still get the same problem.

What did i do wrong? If its the way i added the existing items, whats the best way to do that? What can i look at to resolve the issue? Its not an inventor issue, i havent even tried that part yet. Right now im just trying to visually see the designed forms in design

Thanks

Nacho

Im a self taught VB.Net guy who writes code for Autodesk Inventor. I may not know the terminology but i try so please be patient. Im not a kid so please dont treat me like one :)

Continue reading...