Can I use Visual Studio C# to build web API with similar feature?

• Thread starter Thread starter VA_er
  • Start date Start date
V

VA_er

SeeThroughNY :: Payrolls

Take above website for example, the left navigation panel allows users to filter data based on field name.

I would like to build something with similar feature(displaying database information to general public), is it possible to get it done by Visual Studio?

I have some programming experience, but not a professional app developer. I have some experience on window application development, but totally new to web application development.

Not sure how to describe my questions:

1. First, is it possible to use Visual Studio to build something similar, no need to be fancy, as long as it is functional.
  2. If I build a web application in Visual Studio, how can I publish the Visual Studio application under www.myorganization.com/mysampleproject , or something like that, just making sure that it is under the domain www.myorganization.com
  3. How can it guaranteed general public can view the data? Is there database setting? As an employee, I need username and password to run query from the database. If I build a web application, how to guaranteed general public can view the data without username/ password?

So, in order to accomplish such a project(displaying database information to general public), where should I begin with? What skill set do I need to learn?

Thank you very much!

Continue reading...

Back