Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB 12.0

• Thread starter Thread starter mcgriffith65
  • Start date Start date
M

mcgriffith65

Hello,

I am very frustrated but insistent that I get this figured out. This issue cannot be so impossible that it cannot be figured out - many of you probably have.

My Scenario:

I am building a little program to learn Visual Studio and VB. I have Office 365 in which I built a small .accdb access relational database. I have Windows 10 64bit. I am using Visual Studio 2019.

Whenever I try to build my connection to the little DB I made, I get the following: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine.

I have read many solutions and tried several things, all to no avail. I downloaded the 2010 Redistributable, 2016 Redistributable.

I really need someone to help. I need someone who can really spell it out well. I never get abstract stuff or partially completed answers.

I am so sick and tired of not getting this to work, I am getting REALLY discouraged and am losing all my confidence. This crap cannot be that darn hard, why cant I get this to work?

With all the advancement in tools. I cannot imagine having to still build programs in the dark ages - in 32 bit and from 2007 or earlier. This is driving me NUTS.

Please help me with this. I am so frustrated now.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Continue reading...

Back