How to prevent Intellisense stalling PC

• Thread starter Thread starter Robert190
  • Start date Start date
R

Robert190

I'm using the 2019 preview. I realize there have been a lot of reports of high CPU with intellisense but this may be something a bit different. What I'm observing is that for a project which has previously been compiled and the MSVC window minimized, intellisense randomly springs into life with a lot of new tasks labelled "looking up fixes for C++ intellisense errors". I'm currently observing this for a project which I haven't touched for over 12 hours and the intellisense operations have now been continuing for about 20 minutes. CPU for this varies from about 25% to around 75% and I'm experiencing frequent stalls that are preventing me from editing a simple text document (nothing to do with the project).

So, given that intellisense seems to have some serious problems that likely won't be properly fixed for some time, is there a way to disable these tasks without completely disabling intellisense? I have the background intellisense set to 'disabled' but it's not stopping these tasks running.

Continue reading...

Back