Switch from Visual Studio Basic 2017 to 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Butchijo
  • Start date Start date
B

Butchijo

Hi,

As a result of a mayor crash of my system i changed from Windows10 Pro (1909)/Visual Studio Basic 2017 to Windows10Pro (2004)/Visual Studio Basic 2019. I had a program written in the earlier version that worked fine. After the switch i had 2 problems with this program.

1)
A procedure called after a button click had to be changed:
"Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click" gave a failure. I had to add "System.". So "Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click" worked OK. But why?

2)
My program reads some data from another computer on the same network. For this i opened a file by "FileOpen(FileNum, "\\raspberrypi\PiShare\var\tmpdrive\vw.txt", OpenMode.Input)". This works fine in Win10(1909)/VS2017. However in Win10(2004/VS2019) this did not work.
After i changed the statement into "FileOpen(FileNum, "\\192.168.178.57\PiShare\var\tmpdrive\vw.txt", OpenMode.Input)" (replacing the named URL into the actual reference on the network), it worked fine. Note the name of the computer (raspberrypi) is the name my router sees.
Can somebody explain this?

Regards

Continue reading...

Back