WinUI properties and tools missing.

• Thread starter Thread starter Myndale
  • Start date Start date
M

Myndale

I've installed a fresh copy of Preview 3, upgraded it to 4, installed both x64 and x86 versions of Windows UI Preview 2 and also installed the VSIX package (all as described on the Overview and release notes page). I can create a new C# Packaged WinUI Desktop project and run it, but if I place the cursor over any of the controls in my XAML the properties page is completely empty:

1609451.png

Intellisense appears while I'm editing the XAML, but the displayed fields are only those that apply to all elements (#region etc). the "Text" field, for example, doesn't show in the dropdown when I'm editing a TextBlock, nor do any of the other TextBlock-specific properties.

On a related note, my toolbox is also empty when editing the XAML, and displays the "There are no useable controls in this group" message. Enabling "Show All" shows the tools for other app types, but of course they're all greyed out.

Everything works fine with other apps (WPF etc), it's only WinUI that I'm seeing this on. Tools I can live without, but properties and Intellisense are pretty important. Is this normal for this version of the preview? Like I said, it's a completely fresh install, and I've followed the install instructions verbatim, so I'm at a bit of a loss now as to what to do next.

Continue reading...