SmartScreen Filter - additional option for teacher dev

• Thread starter Thread starter GalOron
  • Start date Start date
G

GalOron

Hi, I am a developer and a teacher, and have been working for the past few months to develop an app for teachers to use for hybrid teaching (online and in-class) during the coronavirus pandemic, and have found out that it is being blocked by SmartScreen upon installation.
My users are teachers, and most of them are rather techno-phobic, so I don't believe they would get passed the installation phase if they get the smartscreen warning, but I understand the only way to get rid of the warning for a new app is to purchase an EV license, which is too expensive for me right now, especially as I am not earning any money from this app right now as an independent developer...

I was wondering if there was any way to make an exception for the certification process due to the coronavirus situation, so I would be able to deploy this app ASAP for teachers to use, without spending so much money (which I just don't have...)

I failed to find any up-to-date information regarding other ways to improve an app's reputation, I attempted to use WACK (Windows App Certification Kit), but didn't find where to upload the results, as it seems it is no longer supported...

Any assistance in this subject would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Continue reading...

Back