How to insert data in same db table from multi threaded application which will read data from large xml file

• Thread starter Thread starter Sudip_inn
  • Start date Start date
S

Sudip_inn

i have folders and each folder has xml file which huge data. so i need to insert data from xml file to db table.

now i have partially design a application which will traverse in the folder collection and read each xml file and call a db SP where xml data will be passed and from SP data will be collected from xml and inserted into table1.

i will create a multi threaded application each thread read each folder and xml file and call db SP where will pass xml data and SP will insert data into table from xml.

i am not sure what would be best way to design this kind of application which insert large data very quickly from multiple xml file read by multiple thread.

so please guide me how could i design this kind of application which will run very smoothly without any dead lock or any freezing problem. what sql server isolation would be great for this scenario.

i have plan to use parallel for to iterate in folder and read each xml file from different thread. so each thread will read each xml file and send data to SP in db. i assume if i make any mistake then over lap of data may occur. how could i avoid all kind of problem to develop this kind of application. which work smoothly

each xml file size is huge. some file has size like 2GB

please give me sample code which give me idea to develop this kind of application. thanks

Continue reading...

Back