wpf dekstop application data repository rest api which one calls what

• Thread starter Thread starter stelios84
  • Start date Start date
S

stelios84

it's obvious that from the title I'm little bit confused about the pattern so please show some light :))

I'm confuse about

• DAL
  • Business logic
  • Data Repository

I have a very advanced working wpf desktop application with mvvm pattern.

recently I also implement a small portion of the same app in xamarin.forms for an android. but has it's own functions etc..(e.g the query I'm writing in desktop for customers, I re wrote it in android etc..)

the application is using ado.net connection (both android and desktop)

no entity framework ( or maybe I will use it later ) doesn't matter for now

I want to start slowly separate my project and make it more robust, readable code and either android or desktop to have the same share code. ( same logic since is the same application)

so I start think about first convert the app to rest api that will return json and do the things in user interface..(what ever interface is . desktop , android ,or internet asp.net)

lately I ready about data repository, business layer, data layer etc..

from my understanding by using repository is not necessary to use any dal ? it can behave as dal or can sit in front of the dal.

my questions

1) if can sit in front of dal , then what dal is responsible to do in relation with repository? and what should contains? ( is it enough just the repository?)

2) where repository should implemented ? in rest api project? or in desktop? and another repository for xamarin forms android?

stelios ----------

Continue reading...

Back