No Report Viewer Control

• Thread starter Thread starter Thomas Nohs
  • Start date Start date
T

Thomas Nohs

I am using VS 2019. I have installed all the latest updates to V2019.

I created a WPF project in which I need a to produce a report. I ran the Nuget install: Install-Package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.WinForms -Version 150.1404.0.

I checked to be sure that the proper version was under my references including the SQLTypes.

I made sure there were no other Report Viewer controls in the tool box by showing all and searching for "Report".

I then right clicked the tool box and choose "Choose Items". In the WPF components the Report Viewer is not listed. I selected Browse and went to the package folder in the solutions directory and choose the Micrososft.ReportViewer.Winforms.dll.

I got a message that the control was added to the tool box. Upon going back to the toolbox it did not show up. I right click the tool box and clicked Show all. I then searched for it and it did show up under All WPF Controls but it is disabled.

I tried different version of the reportviewer, uninstalled a number of times and each time rebuilding the solution and restarting Visual Studio.

There is a lot of information when doing research but nothing helped at all.

This is not my first run-in with the Report Viewer but I have always seemed to be able to resolve them including this version with Winforms and the Web Version.

Any help would be appreciated.

1620179.png

Thomas Nohs

Continue reading...

Back