TabControl/TabPage controls disappeared from Design and only Name property displayed

• Thread starter Thread starter Sparky347
  • Start date Start date
S

Sparky347

Hello, I'm using Visual Studio Pro 2013 (Visual Basic). I'm working on an SDI application that has an existing TabControl with several TabPage controls for displaying a series of forms/pages. It was there and working fine until yesterday, then suddenly it was NOT there. I've searched and not found this particular problem anywhere. Details:

The TabControl and Tabs are no longer displayed in the Design view (It WAS between a toolbar and the client area).

Both the TabControl and all of the TabPage controls are listed under the app main form, but when I view the properties for each in the Properties pane, all of them only show the Name property.

I do NOT get any compile/build errors, and yes, I've tried running a Clean Build.

When I run the app, it runs fine, but the Tabs are NOT THERE. BUT, the code works! For example, there is a statement that sets the current/active Tab, which, when executed, displays the specified tab page.

I've tried making the TabControl visible by setting it's Visible property to True in the code (both in the Designer and in the code file), but it still won't display. I've printed the current ClientRectangle, ClientSize and Visible properties for the TabControl and the first TabPage control to a messagebox, and they are all the expected height/width and "visible", but they are NOT THERE in the GUI.

I've tried deleting the latest Visual Studio Solution User Options (.suo) file, closing all open files/forms, exiting Visual Studio, and rebooting the computer. Nothing helps.

I've scanned the code in the .Designer.vb and .resx and .vb files, and cannot find anything wrong. Anyway, if there was any missing/corrupted code, I would get compile errors. I'm really stuck. Please help!

Continue reading...

Back