Linker failure when building using Visual Studio 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Dorset Pete
  • Start date Start date
D

Dorset Pete

Not sure if I am in the right Forum but perhaps someone can advise!

My project is being moved from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2019 and I am trying to evaluate and solve issues. When I build my project using VS2019 I get the following linker errors:

libpost.lib(sucfile.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __daylight referenced in function __totalsec
libpost.lib(sucfile.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __timezone referenced in function __totalsec
libpost.lib(l_getenv.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __environ referenced in function _pXtWgzN5X32ssD34ZpsSW

The libpost.lib is provided by a third party company and I cannot rebuild it or find the source for it. I know that _daylight and _timezone have been deprecated by Microsoft. I have tried to add the legacy_stdio_definitions.lib to my library path but I still get the failures.

I have gone down the route of installing the VS2010 toolset/sdk/compiler which I have success in building with, but company policy is telling me I cannot use unsupported toolsets etc because of potential security issues.

My question is - is there another legacy lib I can include from Microsoft to get around this problem, or has anyone else had a similar problem and know of a workaround.

Thanks in advance, Pete.

Continue reading...

Back