Can't install published VB 2019 Windows Forms application.

• Thread starter Thread starter Calab
  • Start date Start date
C

Calab

I've written a small program using Visual Studio 2019. It is a Visual Basic Windows Forms application. I have no issues running it from Visual Studio. It publishes without errors. If I try to use the Setup.exe that was generated, I am met with an "Application Install - Security Warning" window that tells me that "Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer." This is on the same Windows 10 computer that the code was generated on.

I would like to be able to take the SETUP.EXE that was generated and install my application on some of my other PC's.

Why is this happening? What can I do in my Project to correct this and publish a usable SETUP.EXE file?

I am aware that there are registry edits that I could do on my PC that would allow the setup program to work, but I don't want to have to alter settings to get my project to install. I would rather correct the issue in the publishing stage of my project to allow SETUP.EXE to run as any other installer would.

Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back