Looking for a recent and Working Example of oData v4 client against oData v3 API

• Thread starter Thread starter Dan Regalia
  • Start date Start date
D

Dan Regalia

I'm building a .net core Console app in C# against a v3 API. The goal is to add the $metadata to the project via a connected service (done), then query it.. I have an authentication system that is used that requires a username, pw and api code, that creates a token that I can use to query the data on the server.

When I download the new .net client, and look for anything relevant to .net core 3.1, there is nothing out there. The documentation sites are between 3 and 6 years old, and doesn't line up to current development platforms.

I'm pretty much lost. I can get the service reference added, resources.cs builds out, but after that, nothing in the interfaces for VS2019 matches anything on the Microsoft website when it comes to making a client that will allow me to do a simple query into a datatable against a table resource in the API.

At this point, any help is appreciated. A link to a relevant resource would be amazing, a sample application would be magnificent.

Continue reading...

Back