Installed SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Core but still the Database limit is 10 GB

• Thread starter Thread starter Silvers11
  • Start date Start date
S

Silvers11

Hello!

I am using SQL Server in my Visual Studio project. I will describe the scenario I have.

* I have created a windows form .Net Core 3.1 Application. I use a SQL Server Database named "featuresDatabase1.mdf" in this project. I use Windows 10 Pro as operating system.

The problem now is that when this database grows beyond 10 GB the SQL Server version that seems to exist in this project is limited to 10 GB. Looking in the menu under "Help/About Microsoft Visual Studio" I can see this: SQL Server DataTools - 16.0.62010.06180

When I run this query I get get below: SELECT AzureSQLDBVersion = @@VERSION

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1) (KB3182545) - 13.0.4001.0 (X64) Oct 28 2016 18:17:30 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Express Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2019 Datacenter 6.3 <X64> (Build 17763:)

I have now done this that should get an unlimited size of the SQL database:

1. Installed the operating system: Windows Server 2019 DataCenter

2. Installed Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Core 2017

But However when I open my project that I have used on Windows 10 Pro on this new installed operating system and after installing the SQL Server Enterprise Core. I still get the below message. It seems that the old SQL server version is used still?

I think my question is, is it true that the Enterprise version is not used Automatically now? Do I need to do anything in my project to perheps Upgrade my SQL database which is named: "featuresDatabase1.mdf" to the SQL Server Enterprise?

I am not sure what I need to do here?

(Error I receive when the database goes beyond 10 GB now after installing the new operating system and SQL Server Enterprise Core 2017)

Sqlexcpetion (0x80131904) could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in filegroup primary

Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back