The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) required by the XAML Designer was not correctly installed. Consider repairing your installation of either V

• Thread starter Thread starter MahendraReddy
  • Start date Start date
M

MahendraReddy

Hi All,

Recently I update my OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10. After completing the Visual studio 2015 professional update 3. When I lunch the my WPF application I found that XAML design forms are not loading and I am getting below SDK exceptions.

System.InvalidOperationException

The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) required by the XAML Designer was not correctly installed. Consider repairing your installation of either Visual Studio or the Windows SDK.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, String baseDirectory) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedObjectFactory.Initialize() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateObjectFactory(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, IObjectCatalog catalog) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry, IServiceProvider serviceOverrides) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass10_0`1.<StartTask>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I did following steps to resolve this issue. But the issue is not resolved.

Link 1: System.InvalidOperationException The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) required by the XAML Designer was not correctly installed.

As per above link I updated the Visual Studio's tools and updating the Windows SDK to the Windows 10 no use issue remains same.

Link 2: social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/4aaebcb3-cae9-45f6-8a80-6dcba6ca459b/xaml-editor-error?forum=visualstudiogeneral

As per the above link source performed the below actions to resolve the issue. But no use.

Action 1:

Again format the laptop and reinstalled the windows 10. Then download the Visual studio 2015 professional update 3 from official MSDN site and installed. ---- No use the issue same.

Action 2: Updated all the installed Windows SDK kit --- No use the issue is remains same.

Action 3: Updated the windows update’s also.

Action 4:

I did a repair on vs2015 and did the uninstall and reinstalled the windows 10 sdk. I still have the problem.

I have no idea where to go from here. All help appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back