How to integrate .NET Core Authentication with a program's existing authentication method

• Thread starter Thread starter e2bLou
  • Start date Start date
E

e2bLou

OK,

This may be a simple question for someone to answer but I haven't found any documents to determine if what I envision is possible or not.

A little background first. The application I want to build .NET Core applications for has an existing SQL Server database which contains a table to store users authorized to use the application. It also includes a user group table that includes security settings which allows the user to access only those areas of the program they are suppose to based on the settings they have.

The Application is a Windows program that has it own login logic that uses the User Table to verify and set up the program for the user when they log in. Users can be either SQL Users or Windows Users and are maintained within the application itself.

First, is it possible to combine .NET Core Authentication with the application's current authentication system? If so where can I find documentation or examples to do so?

If it isn't possible...any suggestions on how I can take advantage of the current application's Authentication method and the security settings it has to work with the application within it's security model?

Thanks

Lou Davis Software Engineer E2B Teknologies

Continue reading...

Back