Building a Windows Form App that uses a separately Hosted Web Service for each Customer.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jackobee
  • Start date Start date
J

Jackobee

I want to build a business app that supports multiple users at individual business sites for a particular vertical market. The app uses Quickbooks. One possible solution is to use the solution recommended by Quickbooks which is to use their PAAS (that includes Adobe Flex). The Quickbooks solution is in the early stage (it is very limited at this point) and I was not impressed with Adobe Flex (because I could not figure out how to do 2-way data binding on a datagrid).

So I am looking at another solution. The solution I am considering runs as a Windows Form that calls the Quickbooks API (for their desktop apps) and maintains data not supported by Quickbooks in a Web Service. I believe that the problem with this approach is that I would need to contract a different Web Service Host account for each customer (because customer data is propietary) - is this a common problem that someone on the forum has found a good solution to?

I did not consider using an ASP.NET or Azure based solution because the App needs to talk to the Quickbooks API.

Thanks,
Jack

Continue reading...

Back