C# Wait for download to finish and check folder for files and display in list box ( form a dll )

• Thread starter Thread starter Mion Shion
  • Start date Start date
M

Mion Shion

ok i have a program where it connects to my ftp server downloads a file once downloaded and extracted i want to check the dir path that has just been created and add all the files in there to list box

but the download i have created is done in a dll, and my program creates the dir if does not exist and adds a zip once downloaded will extract this zip file and from there i want to show those files in a list box only issue i have here is i am trying to find a way of waiting for the download to complete before i look for those files,

the code i have in the dll is this.

private void wc_completed(object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
{
_MessageResult.Instance.Append("Download Completed!");

if (!Directory.Exists(Application.StartupPath + "\\Downloaded\\" + "//" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName))
{
Directory.CreateDirectory(Application.StartupPath + "\\Downloaded\\" + "\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + "\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + ".zip");
unzipupdate(Application.StartupPath + "//Downloaded//" + "//" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + "\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + ".zip");
richTextBox1.Text = _MessageResult.Instance.Merge();
XtraMessageBox.Show("Added : " + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + " To : " + Application.StartupPath + "//Downloaded//" + " And Unzipped.");
}
else
{
unzipupdate(Application.StartupPath + "\\Downloaded\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + "\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + ".zip");
XtraMessageBox.Show("Added : " + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName + " To : " + Application.StartupPath + "//Downloaded//" + " And Unzipped.");
}

listcollection();

this.Close();
}

this is just what is triggered by the download form in the dll at the end of the download.

and in the main form i have this,

setname();
frmCDGPlayer cdgplayer = new frmCDGPlayer(@"C:\Users\elfen\Desktop\Karaoke Program\elfenliedtopfan5_update_fix\UpdateTest\bin\Debug\Downloaded\VSHXR\VSHXR\VSHXR-104 - Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch.zip");
cdgplayer.Play();

have tryied to create a filewatcher class to watch for files and add them to listbox as it downloads does not work, comes up with the following error,

System.InvalidOperationException: 'Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'checkedListBoxControl1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on.'

public void filemonitor(string path)
{
FileSystemWatcher elfensystem = new FileSystemWatcher(path);

elfensystem.EnableRaisingEvents = true;
elfensystem.IncludeSubdirectories = true;

elfensystem.Created += Elfensystem_Created;
elfensystem.Changed += Elfensystem_Changed;

}

private void Elfensystem_Changed(object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e)
{
string paths = Application.StartupPath + "\\Downloaded\\" + Kaori_Base.SelectedDownloadName;
var fileNames = Directory.GetFiles(paths);
foreach (var fileName in fileNames)
{
// cbListBox.Items.Add(fileName); // Full path
//elfenlist.Add(fileName.Split('\\').Last());
add(fileName);
// Just filename
}
}

public void add(string fileName)
{
checkedListBoxControl1.Items.Add(fileName.Split('\\').Last());
}

Ideally i would like to access the run a function once the download has completed but all that stuff is accessed in the dll i created but not sure how to access the function downloaded complete form a dll if that is even possible

any help on this would be much appreciated

thanks in advance elfenliedtopfan5

Continue reading...

Back