Qbasic

(first post, be gentle)

Wow. Qbasic. That was the first language I ever learned to write in, back in late middle school/ early high school (forgot when exactly). I used to spend hours just coding away and having fun with it.

Id totally forgotten about it, too. Thanks for the reminder. I may have to break out an old copy tonight and mess around a bit.

The word refurbushed seems to get thrown around a lot. A guy from Dell, talking about their laptops, told me it means they got it back.

What does it mean?

realolman said:
The word refurbushed seems to get thrown around a lot. A guy from Dell, talking about their laptops, told me it means they got it back.

What does it mean?

Its a nice way of saying "Used but in good shape."

Its a little more than used but in good shape. It is inspected to make sure everything is in optimal shape, and anything that is damaged in any way is replaced. Anything that is dirty or worn is cleaned or replaced. I would say that when the word is appropriately used it generally means "Slightly used but in new shape." Depending on the consumer, this definition might be a little flexible though.

I know this thread is devoted for qBASIC; but if anyone is into old school programming, and likes games. I highly recomend DarkBASIC, by The Game Creators, http://www.darkbasic.com. You can get a free trial and I believe the standard versions is about $40.00, and the professional is 89 or something.

Back