Why the heck am i not an admin

As I told my old students who thought they were "A" students...
"Merely asking why you didnt get an A is reason enough for not giving you one"
;)

What sort of unjust world do we live in, where one so deserving goes unrecognized and overlooked? How can a mans toils be so underappreciated. All the sweat and blood that such a man is to devote to helping and giving support to his fellow man, selflessly, in the face of so many ungrateful souls whose concern is only of their own benefit. Should we not all rise up and give our appreciation to this honorable man who makes his sole purpose the well-being of others? The only just action is the promotion to an Admin! Shall we not all give thanks for the great and magnificent work I have done here today, yesterday, and so many days before? (You didnt really think I was talking about Diesel, did you?)

Im not too sure that that was appropriate. If anything my sarcasm makes me a hypocrite. I apologize Diesel, and whats more, Ive looked over your last fifty or so posts and these are all your qualities that I think you would make a great admin.

Constructive Critisism.
Thats some ugly code!
Socially adept.
If you give me your #, Id like to discuss this topic with your daughter.
Or her yahoo/msn/email will suffice.
Friendly assistance.
Oh my god.

You realize that 6/03/06 is not a string.
Useful solutions.
just blink really fast when you scroll.
Full of advice.
You should put the classes aside for a few years and read a book about programming.
Insightful.
He was probably too stupid to figure out how to build a common interface between the databases.
Colorful.
Ah....net 2005 makes me want to **** my pants...from excitement
Attention to detail.
namespaces?
Understanding.
Why, why, why? Why would you call it from form load as opposed to the onload event of the document? You are not passing in any information, its pointless.
Introspective.
But then again, I have no life.
Cooperative.
What the hell? Is it me or did all you guys miss the boat?
Witty.
I think santa left a little hash in hbs stocking.
Concerned.
Screw the transparency issue.
Creative.
Yeh, its called a form...you make it.
Tasteful.
Virtua tennis is awesome.
Intelligent.
Ok, I didnt look at the code before....
Concise.
Why the **** am i not an admin
Flattering.
Holy ****! Can I have your autograph?
Most of all, a good friend!
Also, dont take this the wrong way Marble but...you need to get laid.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, I had no idea that this list could have ended up being so long.

Where is this campaign being hosted?

I want a secretary that doesnt wear pantyhose.

LOL

Normally I dont give my personnal input but... hahahaha

That was funny. Loved the picture and the "colorful" sarcasm of marble_eater ;)

Ive been a while here and still happy to participate!

Keep going! (Im the next admin! Watch me fly baby!)

Arch4angel said:
Im the next admin! Watch me fly baby!
You know, hes got a point, Diesel. He does have you by 350 posts...

Personally, I think we need more admin around here. We need our admins to admin the pants of this forum. I got a fever. And the only prescription...is more admin!!!! And if our admins cant admin, then what we need is more admin!! Diesel 4 Admin!!

Im gonna have to make a logo "VOTE FOR ME" or something like that.

Ill get The Gimp (I call it The Pimp) and make one. If ever I can fit this task in my workload, youll see what Im talking about :P

marble_eater said:
Im not too sure that that was appropriate. If anything my sarcasm makes me a hypocrite. I apologize Diesel, and whats more, Ive looked over your last fifty or so posts and these are all your qualities that I think you would make a great admin.

<snip>

P.S. Sorry for the long post, I had no idea that this list could have ended up being so long.

Im sorry (and itll blow my chances for being admin) but I started busting up laughing here at work when I read that list :D

marble, you forgot patient in that list ;) .
Patient :
from POST
What the ****! **** VB.NET. Its all the ****ing Same! Learn to program you dumbass!

If you cant use my code, your ****ing useless.

This is the last time I help a retard!

I practically wiped your *** for you! What else can I do?

Why retread through old times?

Im a changed man.

As your admin, I promise to be just and fair.

I will support the little guy and suppress the man.

I will abolish the segregation lines of vb.net.

I will promote object oriented-ness throughout the world.

There will be teleconferences where everyone can express their opinions and share their knowledge.

I shall call this new club Community Memory.

I say we have a debate.

Post your questions for Diesel and the current administration. Both Diesel and current members of the leadership ranks get a chance to comment, then responses from each party. Then we switch who goes first for the next question. Diesel, as challenger answers the first question first.

Subjects can range from hard hitting programming issues, .Net and programming philosophies, general technology, applications, testing, -- basically anything related to programming or programming culture. Also Admin philosophies, ethics, and platforms.

What do you think?

Back